A family-friendly day of acoustic music, food, drinks, and good times outside The Soap Gallery on S. Champion Street in downtown Youngstown, OH. Featuring performances by
RED WANTING BLUE
JD EICHER (w/ band)
THE LABRA BROTHERS
Gates open at 3:30pm at 117 S. Champion Street in Downtown Youngstown (across from the Covelli Centre and next to The Soap Gallery). • Limited seating will be available, but we encourage guests to bring lawn chairs if they'd like to be guaranteed a seat.
$12 in advance | $15 cash at the gate
This is a big informational post for JD's Summer Songfest V, which will hopefully answer most of the general questions for Saturday’s event. I REALLY appreciate everyone planning to come out. It’s a homegrown music festival, and having your support is huge. We’re doing our best to make it a great day for everybody.
3:30pm - gates open3:50pm - Paul Pfau5:10pm - The Shootouts6:30pm - The Labra Brothers7:50pm - JD Eicher9:15pm - Red Wanting Blue(This is all tentative. Musicians have never been on time. It’s a historical tradition.)
2. This is a cash event, so beer and tickets at the gate are cash only. The food trucks and bands may take card purchases. Chemical Bank, PNC, and Huntington are all a few blocks away, so there are ATMs nearby if needed. None onsite, though, unfortunately.
3. Parking is available on the street, and there is a free parking garage nearby as well. It’s been pretty doable in years past.
4. We’ll have two food trucks onsite, including our sponsor, Quaker Steak and Lube. The menus include stuff like wings, boneless wings, pretzels, all natural beef hotdogs, desserts, and gourmet fries. It’s awesome if you can support the food trucks who support our event, but we definitely understand that folks may have specific dietary requirements and preferences. If you’d like to bring food into the event that accommodates your needs, please feel free :) (PLEASE NOTE: No outside alcohol is permitted.)
5. We will be providing some seating (and more than in years past), but it is on a first come, first served basis. If you’d like to be guaranteed seating, please bring a lawn chair.
6. We’ll have a range of adult beverages available for sale, including a selection of beers, red and white wine, AND Youngstown’s own awesome Penguin City Beer. We’ll also have water and non-alcoholic options, too.
7. Thanks to a YSU Penguin Productions sponsorship, current YSU students with a YSU ID get in for free on Saturday :) If you know any students, please tag them here so they know!
8. It’s gonna be a good time.
9. See number 8.
10. Official Event Hashtag: #JDEsongfest
11. Bands will be selling merchandise inside The Soap Gallery, and we have a very limited run of Songfest V shirts available for sale as well. Event shirt profits will go to The Cure Starts Now (pediatric brain cancer research).
12. Thank you! If you made it this far, you’re a pro.
Penguin Productions, The Soap Gallery, Quaker Steak & Lube, The Summit FM, City of You, Home2 Suites by Hilton, Ohio One Corporation, Freshen the Bev